Heat Resistance Ceramics Cordierite Ceramic Insulator
Cordierite is a ceramic used in heat shock applications that would crack and shatter most other ceramic materials.
Kiln furniture is made of cordierite because it will survive thousands of heating and cooling cycles.
At Paratech all of our production is placed in cordierite trays known as saggers to be used in the kiln during the firing cycle.
Small cordierite parts can be dry powder pressed. Large cordierite pieces are formed by slip casting.
Slip casting is a process where the ceramic material is mixed with water and poured into a plaster mold. After a few hours the plaster draws off the water from the mix and the sagger or other shape can be released from the mold. Parts are then dried and fired.
1) Material: cordierite
2) Applications: used in all electric resistance pipe and heating bracket
3) Low water absorption and good heating insulation
4) A variety of specifications available
5) Performance: insulation and high temperature resistance, low water absorption and good heating insulation
6) Texture: glass-ceramic cordieritePacking: Standard exported paper cartons with zipper bags and foam boards
The main chemical ingredient
2MgO 2Al2O3 5SiO2
Maximum Use Temperature
25° C-30° C
Thermal Shock Resistance
ac-kV/mm (ac V/mil)